Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bittersweet

In the next 8 weeks or less, champ will be here. Someone asked me at the prental yoga class yesterday, "Wont you miss being pregnant?", well, I guess not. I feel so done with pregnancy already. I cant wait for the baby to be here in real life. For me to hold, kiss, dress and change.

I have probably experienced EVERY symptom in the book. Faced a new challenge everyday. From nausea, sleeplessness, extreme fatigue, sleeping all day long going without food, forgetfulness, some serious cravings, cramping, heartburn,  and many many more!!

I am so done.

I think I will miss the little fluttering when the baby somersaults and kicks though. It feels awesome sometimes and hurts sometimes. This is probably the only feeling I want to remember, and sadly it cannot be captured by any smart phone or a DSLR.

Its going to be one crazy roller-coaster when he actually arrives. I know that too. And being so afraid of that roller-coaster, I wish he remains inside. But I feel so heavy and clumsy, that I cannot wait to get him out of the stomach and fit back into my jeans and get back to living my life.

But then, once he is here, I will spend every second of my life worrying and thinking about him.  Like a piece of my heart walking outside my body. He is probably safer inside?

 Bittersweet it is. And will be, for the rest of my life.

 


3 comments:

Raajii said...

Oh my goodness! You are pregnant?! That is so beautiful :-). I wish I had known earlier.

I wish you all the happiness in the world :-)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

You haven't been following the blog :D :D Announced it sometime back on the blog. Somehow did not want to be a Facebook mom or to-be mom :P

Thanks hon! Alls well?

Raajii said...

Yes, all is well. I am sorry I missed that announcement, but I wish you all the best, and I hope to see photos of the little one soon :-)