Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Move

Two simple words. But they were enough to make me quit my much loved job, pack my bags, give our house on rent, see our beloved Maruti 800 being driven off by someone else and bid that tough goodbye to family and friends.

And twenty three hours later, just like that, you are in a different country.

Where the roads are awesome, cars are gorgeous, people are warm and friendly and homes that have induction stoves.

Day one. I boiled the milk and simply turned the stove off. The milk was supposed to boil and go back down in the same vessel. But no. That damed thing overflowed all over the stove, got burnt, ruined the platform. While our friend came rushing in used up half a tissue roll to clean the mess I made. You know?

So..lesson? Dont enter the kitchen unless there is a damage control mechanism around you. And please ensure that the mechanism is a human who can clean. And clean well huh.

I try to fall asleep. Wake up at 3am. Call mom. Speak to her till 5.3am. Tell her its daybreak and I need to put rangoli on the door. She suddenly exclaims "oh no!! I forgot to pack rangoli powder for you". #rofl

Day 2 onwards, I have my beloved aunt , who watches over me while I cook in the kitchen. Skype with jai is the name of the show, to bolo, Skype ki jai !!!

Day 3, rave and rant to everyone you meet over the 23 bloody % of cholestrol in yogurt.

So far, so funny and cute.

:D

3 comments:

Raajii said...

It takes time to adjust to anywhere new. I am sure you will do just fine :-).

I am curious... is the stove electric? If so, it will always boil your milk out of the pot :-)

Another question, why the heck are you boiling milk here? :-P

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

Hehehe. Stove is electric. Yes.

I boiled it coz..thats how we make filter coffee back home :)

Icecreamart0296 said...

SKYPE WITH MEEE! :D

"Watches over you?" Haha, yes :D