Friday, September 30, 2011

Navrathri Golu - Season 3

After Season 1 and Season 2 , Season 3 kick-started without too much hype and without too many guests this year. By the time I arranged the dolls, it was close to midnight and this is what my golu looks like!



I am very particular about giving handmade gifts to people these days. Last year, I had painted some diyas, and this year I was blank and at short notice, I quickly bought some paaku-mattai and decided to paint it. What do you need:
  • Areca leaf plates  / Paaku mattai
  • Acrylic paints
  • Brushes
  • Some Mirror pieces
  • Glue
Warning: This was time consuming. To make 5 pieces I took more than an hour. Attempt it if you have time on your hands. a glimpse of what it looks like,


And the usual Sundal Saaga continues this year as well. Do consider this as a personal invitation and drop by for some yummy sundal and one of these cute and colourful showpiece :)

Happy Navarathri!

8 comments:

Anutations said...

Hand-made gifts - Too cute! :)
And I like the idea of this e-invitation. No vethlai, no paaku - I am taking offence. :D

Pardon the ignorance, those Areca leaf plates - is that a dhonnai?

KP said...

They look so nice! I wish I get all.. Have a happy celebrations of Navarathri and Sundal..

Meera said...

Yipeeee..awesomest this one! And you have a tambura? :O :O

krsnaknows said...

Came across this Golu concept in South India 17 years ago and found it very interesting. We adopted it just the way we do the crib in Christmas. Happy writing. God bless.

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Anu,
Thanks and Yes, its dhonnai / paaku mattai :P

@KP,
Sure :) Come home!

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Meera,

Thanks sweety. Yeps. Its a tambura made out of one wood and my gradfather gave it to me when I was 4 years old :)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@krsnaknows,
Thanks a lot!

Chiva said...

Addresse kodukaama, come home na ! :-)
Any carnatic recitals by budding stalwarts ? Everything looks great