Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday B!


I am learning everyday.
What you are good at and what you are so not.
There are things I love about you and some so not.
I want to hug you, and at some other time want to throw something at you.

You say the cutest things and make me smile and at other times, I cringe with your inappropriateness. You look like a stud when you make an effort to dress up and at others you look like a haggard old man, with that lousy uncombed look and overgrown beard :/

First birthday together, I tried buying you shirts, hoping you will like them and you hated them. On your second birthday together,I tried surprising you with a midnight party,You yelled at me for waking you up at 12.On the third birthday together,I wished you early in the morning,
you say, "you got your dates mixed up. Its not today, its tomorrow", and you confused me. I gave you a handmade card with some words in tamil, you pointed out spelling mistakes.

And yet, everyday, every meal,
You check if I ate. Every morning, you insist that I give you a hug,
If I have a late night or early morning meeting,
You make me coffee to ensure I dont get a headache,
If I am exhausted, you make me food.
You walk around as though your life revolves around me.
You know if I am down without me telling you and try every PJ possible to make me smile.

I cant sometimes figure you out.
At other times, I like to tell myself I know everything about you.
Huh, who the hell am I kidding?
I think I will still say this after 30 years,
Looks like, I need to learn. Everyday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post :)- mayth

Anutations said...

Tweaking a couple of things here and there, I can conveniently copy this for my fellow's birthday too. :)

The more I try understanding him, the more it drives me mad. I think I am better off reading such birthday wishes and taking solace in the fact that there are other people facing this agony too :D

Lovely read!

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

Thanks gals! >:D<

Arjit Srivastava said...

Stay blessed, not many are. :)

Spicy Sweet said...

WOw! Such a loving wifey!
Loved the words.
He would be very happy seeing this!!

Prasanna Rao said...

And they say it's difficult to understand a woman, huh? It's impossible to understand our own husbands :-)

Ashwini said...

Really Cute :)

SUB said...

sweet...:)

Cheers!
SUB
http://khonjtheeternalsearch.blogspot.com/

Rajedra Raikwar said...

Good Post