Thursday, February 3, 2011

The baaba, the babe and beyond...

This honeymoon trip to Rajasthan changed everything. It changed my status from being single to married. It changed my lifestyle. It changed my dressing sense. It changed my eating habits ( I am now 10Kgs lesser than I was when I got married). It obviously changed my sleeping habits.


If you are thinking crude thoughts just now, you better shake them off.

Moving on, the one week that we spent travelling across Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Chittorgadh, Udaipur and back to Jaipur was one heck of a trip! We still remember everyday, every fort, every chai pakodi stop, every peacock, every glorious sunrise, sunset and most definitely every camel we saw. My husband swears he saw our babloo strolling on the streets of Bangalore the other day. But thats another story.

So, back to why I am telling you a small part of my honeymoon is a contest by IndiBlogger.in in association with Cleartrip.com. I had earlier posted the purpose of my travel . But I will now reveal a memory behind it.

So, we went to this place called Chowki dhani, which is on the outskirts of Jaipur. A five star village resort, they call it. They have camel and elephant rides, massage centers, magicians, Rajasthani folk music and dance, giant wheel ,tree houses, loads of good Rajasthani food (sniff, I still smell the aroma of dal bhaati) and cots randomly placed for guests to lie down and gaze at stars. We were just strolling around and we spotted this astrologer sitting beside a small tulsi plant and he called out to us. He insisted on reading our palms and telling us our destiny. He was hilarious. He said that we will be rich, we will be healthy, we will have a great life and so on and posed really well for us. He read my palm and said we will have two kids. Balaji and me blushed so furiously at that one!! I mean, come on, we were literally strangers then, and this guy comes along with an impish smile and a twinkle in his eye and that is what he rattles on about! We had no idea where to look!


But anyway, we loved his style of speech, his Hindi with a Rajasthani accent. So much that we remember his cute smile and his comments and laugh on and off. It used to be one of our private jokes, but then, what the heck!

PS:I do NOT look so plump anymore :D
PPS: If you are in Jaipur, please go to LMB and eat the kachori and drink the yummiest lassi in the world. I promise you, you will not regret it.

4 comments:

Aishwarya Govindarajan said...

Lol!! Now I understood why that ClearTrip.com link is Appearing in your FB page often! :-D
Nyis Readingguuu *Punjabi Slang* :D

Deboshree said...

Haha =) You have a way with words. Really enjoyed reading.
I have visited Rajasthan on several occasions and I enjoy the difference in culture and setting.
Best of luck for the contest. :)

Arti said...

I am From Rajasthan and written the article very well...

rrajiv said...

nice article... :)
Voted for you