Saturday, November 6, 2010

Re-engineering!

I used to find the bare walls of my home scary. I was damn bored of the striped cotton curtains. I had problems with the way the house was. Just BARE and cold. I stopped cribbing and got to work.

I put up really cute curtains.

I painted pots.

I painted every terracota item I ever own.

I picked pretty (and expensive) flowers for my vase.

I have indoor plants in a corner.

Did a little bit of furniture re-arrange.

All I need now are:
1. A photo wall
2. Cute self-made warli paitings around the boring switchboards.
(Btw, I am still negotiating to paint the precious walls :D)
3. Yet another tanjore paiting of radha-krishna
4. Planning a terracota corner.

Suddenly the boring four walls seems like a home. A much warmer place to come back to. There is still work pending, but what the heck, come home and  you will know now, what I am talking about!

5 comments:

(¯`•._.•[Raajii]•._.•´¯) said...

AW.. that is so cute. Put photos up once you are done :-)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Raajii
Thanks :D I so plan to put pics up. Soooon!!

Ram said...

Let me know once you are done with all the engineering workz.... I will be there with my kit to finish the photo wall for yaa.... :)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Ram,

Is that a promise????

Sandhya Biswas said...

Sue,
You can try a Rama-Pattabhishekam for the Tanjore Painting part! It's Glorious.

If time permits, (passion always does!), try and learn the art and make one for your home. :)