Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nuttiness

I saw a mail van today. By habit, I crossed my fingers, made a wish and looked around frantically for a black car. Yes, I am like that.

When I see one raven, I am convinced and deep down I know I am going to have a terrible day ahead and cross my fingers, and get relieved only when I see another one with it.

Each time I make a promise, I pinch my throat. And If I know for sure, I am going to break that promise, I cross my fingers ;)

I make a wish each time I see a "first star" in the evening.

Each morning, I have to look at my mom's face the first thing in the morning. If i happened to see anyone else (sorry dad and Roo), I'd pretend that I did not see them, and find my mom and pretend I saw her, the first thing in the morning. Now that my mom does not live with me, I don’t live with my mom, I just pretend that I am seeing her. She brings me good luck.

If two people say the same thing at the same time, I think something good is going to happen.

If I happen to glance at the time and if it reads 10:10 or 08:08 or 11.11 I think something good is going to happen.

Yes, I am nuts. And I like me like that.

8 comments:

(¯`•._.•[Raajii]•._.•´¯) said...

aww... you are soo adorable :-)

Ram said...

ahhaaaa!!! Nice to know you are superstitious... I remember doing these things when I was in school. While on the road,when cat crosses the road, or If I see a red car, I too used to cross my finger as i thought it was bad luck....
Don't remember when my belief in all these vanished... Thanks for reminding the good old days... :D

Revanth said...

Thats so Vasu-ish :) Cute post!

Aditya said...

So nice :) Glad that there are people who share some of the nuts :D

Sandhya Biswas said...

Some more to the list, I'm sure twinny will be doing it!

-Blow a brow hair and make a wish.
-Blow a pigeon feather and make a wish!


..And more, as I remember :P

SUB said...

cute one... :-)

Vyankatesh said...

Interesting superstitions!!

Anonymous said...

waiting for next post