Friday, October 15, 2010

Confessions...

My friends call me an incurable romantic. I don’t know if that is true, but love has to be the one emotion I like to look around for. Sounds weird eh? I actually look around for love and moments of love. A mother holding her tiny baby and cooing to her softly. A guy carrying his baby daughter on his shoulders. A brother holding his sister's hand and crossing the road. A guy holding his girl gently by the waist. A seemingly young newly wed girl looking up at her new husband with shiny eyes. A guy holding the phone and talking to his girl with a faraway look on his face.


These for some reason make me smile and warm my heart. The emotion of love brings such varied flavors. Happiness, sadness, anger et at that have a flavor too. But just one. Dont you think?

I used to build walls around myself and purposely make it hard for people to break that wall down. I always used to hold back and never let people know that I love them. I used to do that knowing fully well that people around me who love me, hate that. But I think I am slowly changing. For the good. And that makes me a happier person now.

4 comments:

Ram said...

Accepted!!! Nice once again. Bulding walls around yourself makes you more dumb.. :P, I am happy that you have crossed those walls to accept the world and its people. Let people know what you are and let them decide for themselves... :D

wildflower said...

Why is it that all incurable romantics build walls around ourselves..?

Revanth said...

Liked this post! Building walls around is in fact good in a way! When the people work hard and break the walls down, the kind of feelings that flow in the hearts is really beautiful. Unexpected love, unexpected importance, unexpected expressions dipped in emotions are always a pleasant surprise! Some times I can relate myself to you Akka! A nice post and glad to notice that you are changing certain things and are being happier a person!! :) Good luck!

Sandhya Biswas said...

I echo Wildflower here :)
I could just see you reading my mind in this post..