Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Six

Not much can happen in 6 years right? Wrong. Very wrong.

Much has happened. I finished post-grad. Got a job. Fell down badly. Bled. Got hurt. Healed. Got Engaged, Got married (to the same guy mind you) and now shuttling between being a working professional and managing home.

I cannot believe I managed to survive for 6 years without you around. The pain is still fresh. It is still like physical pain. I sometimes cannot bear to be alive, when I think of you. It still hurts all over each time I hear a wailing ambulance. I still pretend you are somewhere abroad and I cannot see you or talk to you right now. I hope you are at peace. I hope all is well in your land. I hope you know how much we love you. I hope you are watching over V.

Say Hi to Taatha/Paati and Chitiya from me. Tell them I love them and miss them very much. Tell Chitiya, I did not marry a Gujarati guy after all. He wont be very pleased :-)

Please be around and help me face the world with a brave smile. Please let nobody see the tears behind the bespectacled face. Please give me the courage to behave normally infront of perima and peripa. Nobody can take that place, nobody can smile like you. Nobody has your voice. Nobody kisses my forehead like you. Where do I look for comfort? This is horrible. Please help me get through another 6 years...I cannot bear the thought of a long strech of road ahead without you around...

Please dont ever forget, I love you and will always do. For as long as I live.

4 comments:

AswathiBabu said...

touched my heart....its really painful....

Priya (ex-hp) said...

Wow Vasu, very nice writing..i do read ur blogs regularly. take care.

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Aswathi, Thanks for stopping by.

@Priya, nice to know. Thanks! Hope alls well in your land :-)

Goda Ramkumar said...

Very well written dear :)