Sunday, March 7, 2010

Celebrating...Me!

I sometimes do not know what exactly I want,
I sometimes do not understand to differentiate between my want and need,
I most of the times confuse left with right, I love having the last word in any argument,
I might sometimes not know when to make noise and when to keep quiet,
“It is not me, it is my X chromosome!”, I say in my defense!

I look after my family, with lots of care and thought,
I put in a lot of love into my relationships,
I get to my office on time, I write programs with passion,
I can cycle to keep myself fit; I can maneuver a car and park it as well,
I am passionate about latest gadgets and technology.

I celebrate life, Smile at strangers, Wave at kids on the road,
I enjoy sharing giggles with close buddies, Exchange recipes with fellow women,
I blow a kiss to my better half unseen in a crowded room,
I sing on top of my voice while on the road, I do not enjoy sports too much,
I can converse with a four year old and a sixty year old with respect that they deserve,
I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a daughter-in-law (oops!)

I am a woman and by default I play many roles, I battle hard to do justice to each of these,
I enjoy the journey as well as the destination,
I might stumble and fall while wearing these multiple hats, at such times,
I seek just a teeny weenie hug, a small reassuring smile,
I seek strength sometimes from outside, but mostly from within,
I am a woman and so very proud to be one!

Wish you a very Happy International Women's Day (If you are a lady)
Do remember to wish your near and dear ones and make them feel special in a small way (if you are a man)

3 comments:

Goda Ramkumar said...

Nice one :)

(¯`•._.•[Raajii]•._.•´¯) said...

sometimes it is alright to not know what you want exactly :-)

Happy Women's day!!

I am glad you wrote about it... too often we dont get appreciated enough :-)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

@Goda
TY :-)

@Raajii,
Yeah, but I somehow, do not like being that way. I prefer it when life is all clear and there is no chaos.. but since I am me, it is never the case :)