Sunday, February 28, 2010

The latest devil in my life...

Have you been awake whilst the whole world sleeps peacefully? I am sure you have.
Have you tossed and turned and tried hard to sleep? I am sure you have.
Have you faced that struggle? That struggle to sleep? I am sure you have.

Lets see if you have tried all that I tried.

1.Reading a very boring book.
2.Music. Especially Nama Ramayana which is my official lullaby since the day I was born but...absolutely NO help..i only ended up singing along in mute mode.
3.Imagine. Pretend I am a mermaid in the ocean or a camel in the dessert. Huh.
4.Surf the net. Read blogs (and end up with a headache next morning)
5.Stare. Just stare at the fan.
6.Watch TV (but at 3AM, that is a bad idea)
7.Tweet. does not help, most of my friends are fast asleep by then anyway!
8.Yearn to have someone to *talk* to. Scroll through the phone book, look at each name carefully, move on to the next name and finally give up and toss the phone aside.
9.Go up to the first floor and roam around the house. Get bored and come down again and try to sleep.
10.Pray. and almost end up crying out of self pity.Cha!

It has been more than 10 days since my sleep pattern got screwed up. I sleep at 3AM sometimes, sometimes 5AM and wake up at 10AM!!

Insomnia. Bleddy Hell!

8 comments:

Bharathan said...

I transform into a log once I hit the bed :-)

(¯`•._.•[Raajii]•._.•´¯) said...

perhaps you need to figure out what exactly is it that is bothering you. Sometimes, there is a lingering issue that we dont realize is there... but it is.

I hope you find your peace.

:-)

Goda Ramkumar said...

I have experiences and tried all those. May be what is not in the list is - " Just stop attempting to sleep. That might make u feel better!" and the next day ur body knows u need to rest and the pattern will fall back to normal.

Madhumathi said...

have u ever tried hugging ur better half...just his arm around u would do wonders... works for me ;)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

baby, am at my mom's place for the past one month.(mom nursing me back to health)

But,I think you hit the nail bang on the head!! That is what is missing

My human-pillow!!!!

Tj said...

where's hubby ??? get him to tell u a story :)

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

babes..i am @ mom's..

Shreekrishna said...

10 days? My sleep pattern's screwed for 10 years now. Just sleep when sleep comes. Sleep, much like food, can't be forced.

To me, it looks like this blog was just a cute way of letting the world know that you miss your husband. Nice!