Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Joy that lasts a moment

You sleep. Blissfully unaware of the tears,
that well in my eyes,watching you so sound asleep.
Wondering what you are dreaming about right now,
In and out, in and out, I observe that breath,
and come closer to see those lines on your forehead,
Forming a slight frown as light falls on your eyes,
and I see your forehead relax as I block the light from you.

I can spend a day staring at that fine-looking face,
At a spur of the moment,reality hits hard.
Suddenly, I know, I cannot stare anymore.
I have to set an alarm for the next morning,
to welcome a hustle-bustle filled day ahead of us,
where I cannot even look at you to my heart's content,
and....live the moment.

2 comments:

Goda Ramkumar said...

The fact that staring at someone gives you the joyful moment is so fulfilling to brush of the frustration of routine life.

Vasumathi Sridharan said...

Oh yea. Tell me about it :-)