Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Agam..the band.

Has been very long since I heard good quality non-carnatic music. When I did, I got goosed, I had tears and felt a rush of overwhelming emotions. So moved by the sheer honesty in the lyrics , the plea in the voice of the singer, and the love with which the instrumentalists have played their parts.

This is what I heard. I heard a band called Agam. A piece called "Searching for heavens".

Bilakhte bachpanomein jaaga de zindagi,
tarsti khwahishon ka tu saahil dhoond la.

Woh khoyi jannaton ka pata phir dhoond la.

For every word written, one can say "bhale,sabaash" and get lost in the world of Agam.


"Searching for heavens". After listening to it, I wish to ask the guys, Why search? Its in your music! There is just so much more I wish to write, but how can mere words do justice to this kind of talent and honesty?

Check out more about them here

Wish all of you good health,luck,peace and many more years of good quality music!

1 comment:

(¯`•._.•[Raaji]•._.•´¯) said...

seems good. I think i am going to look into this band :-)