Sunday, September 9, 2007

Anamika

A small incident the happened sometime back..have been unable to get it out of my head.

Whilst on a early morning walk by the Sankey lake, i noticed a little girl of about 10..sitting by herself and staring at the water..and as i was about to pass by her, she looked up at me, and stared at me..something about her caught my attention and i instinctively slowed my pace..as her eyes looked straight into mine, i was taken aback..never have i seen such huge beautiful eyes before..eyes that were sad..very sad...In a single glance, those dark eyes spoke volumes..She was probably cold, hungry and miserable.I dont know why..felt a tug at my heart to hold her hand and say.."Its ok..everything will be alright..".Just as i approached her to talk to her, her mother, who probably worked as a caretaker of the lake stepped forward, caught the girl by the hand and dragged her away.As she walked away from me, she turned and gave me one last glance, without a reason, i had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes......Stay happy whereever you are little one..

No comments: